To avoid issues with running some addons ... it is recommended you:
Disable UAC - Vista/Win7 users will need to disable UAC (User Account Control) via Windows Control Panel ... to install some software.
Check your JAVA version. - Java (32BIT) Minimum 6.20 is required. Verify your version via Windows Control Panel - Double click Java Icon and click "about".
Check / Install your FSUIPC - Minimum 4.60 is required. Free version supports our operations - available in Links / Misc section.
Install TeamSpeak3 Client - Used for all our communications. Available in Session Addons/Required.
Install Basic "addons" - Currently, normal operations are based in Rio. See Help/Basic Setup for our basic setup addons.
Recommended "order of installation": * ALL is freeware and available in the SESSION ADDONS section.
AICarrier2 - This is a "windows" program and installs on your computers C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)
HD Nimitz/Ike package - Must install AICarrier2 1st and required before adding our special ship formations
Addon Scenery - RIONAS contains additional important items for carrier use and other features
Additional addon ships/boats - We use a several "drivable" and "Static" ships/boats within our operations
Additional addon aircraft - We use several customized freeware aircraft for some of our operations
Note about adding scenery in FSX for Vista/Win7 users:
- Unzip the scenery Package (most will have a README file for installation instructions)
- In most cases, you simply copy the new scenery "complete folder" into your FSX/Addon Scenery folder.
- Open FSX. From the Main Menu... select... "Settings" / "Scenery Library" and CLICK "ADD AREA"
(or within FSX "Windowed mode" top menu ... select... "World" / "Scenery Library")
- New box will open....
- Select the "addon scenery" folder.
- Navigate and SINGLE LEFT CLICK (to blue highlight) the folder name you are adding (i.e: RioNAS4) and CLICK OK in the lower right.
- Box will change to show you a "scenery" and "texture" folder.
- RIGHT CLICK in the white area... ANYWHERE BELOW the scenery/texture folder. Your scenery will appear on the list "checked".
After you are done adding scenery then CLICK OK in the lower right.
- FSX will then begin building the new scenery and it will appear "checked" in your addon scenery list.
1) It is important for you to understand... YOU CAN SEE ONLY YOUR OWN AI Carriers or other AI attached items. You CANNOT see other peoples nor can they see yours, in a multiplayer environment.
2) AI Carrier2 package is NOT a "drivable or flyable" package. This is a stand alone windows program which will allow you the benefit of placing a carrier anywhere you want... AND fly at the same time.
3) IF, you are not using the high detail Nimitz/Ike .. select the Nimitz CNV-68 single.. for best fit.
Although this package includes some standard carriers.. not all the
features work. It is highly recommended you also download and install
the USS Nimitz & Ike HIGH DETAIL package... to be added inside AI
Carrier2 and FSX.
4) While using in a multiplayer session it IS RECOMMENDED everyone use the same "WAYPOINT" (ie:COREY) so everyone will land and launch from the same relative area. Note: this will vary slightly depending on the carrier chosen by each player.
I have to assume.. you have the basic skills in navigating within windows... whichever version you have. IF NOT find someone to help you...
*** PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR FILES TO... AND... TO WHERE YOU UNZIP TO ****
Here's a hint..
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD, make yourself a folder in windows where you can download to. I run XP so.. mine is C:\Temp Planes .. This will vary with Vista/Windows 7 .. see Jim's note in aicarrier installation (you can make it anywhere.. just REMEMBER WHERE !!!
The reason for this is simple.. It gives you backup of the zipped/unzipped files you download
-- I have one place to download my flight sim files, which I can use for backup..
-- I UNZIP to a different location.. ie... C:\Working Planes.. thus having a backup of the unzipped files giving me a single place to copy/paste into FSX, as needed.
1) DOWNLOADS ARE AVAILABLE [ Click Here ]
Once you have downloaded and unzipped ... navigate to the windows folder you downloaded the file.
2) INSTALL AICARRIER2 package 1st !!!! (Required)
Really very simple.. unzip the file... then navigate (in windows) to the location you unzipped to.
Here's the hard part... read the.. README.TXT and then double click on SETUP.EXE to install.
Note: you may need the latest JAVA installed.. keep that in mind if it doesn't work properly.
OK.. smarty.. what now ???
A) Aicarrier2 created a new folder in your NORMAL windows programs location.. called AICARRIERS (remember where this is.. you will need to go there later)
B) The 1st time it runs.. it will open a small box.. called "SIMM CONNECT".. just minimize (DO NOT CLOSE) and you will see a NEW menu selection called "ADD-ons"... to the right of HELP... in the FSX MENU .. when you enter a free flight or multiplayer flight.
3) INSTALL USS_NIMITZ_IKE High Detail package. (Optional, but recommended)
Once you have downloaded and unzipped... navigate to the windows folder you downloaded the file.
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO ALSO NAVIGATE TO OTHER FOLDERS.. SO.. OPEN ANOTHER "MY PROGRAM" FOLDER SO YOU CAN COPY/PASTE EASILY.
This is basically a simple task... READ THE... README.TXT file
You have already navigated to the folder Uss Nimitz/Ike folder and should be ready to copy the necessary folders/file into FSX .. AND.. AICARRIERS folders.
OPEN another "MY COMPUTER" in windows and locate your FSX folder (varies xp, vista, windows7) my XP... C:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator FSX.. where the /sound... /effects.. /sim objects/boats folder are located.
A) Copy the CONTENTS of the 1) SOUND 2) EFFECTS into the respective FSX Sound and Effect folders.
B) In the SimObject/Boat folder ... COPY 3 FOLDERS ... SH-60_Plane_Guard, USNS_Patuxent, and USS_Nimitz... into your FSX/SimObjects/Boats Folder.
C) Copy the file "CVN_68_69.CFG file into the. .. AICARRIERS\CONF.D folder. (XP..it is C:\program files\aicarriers\conf.d folder. Vista or Win7 C:\Program Files(x86)\aicarriers\conf.d folder)
DONE.... In FSX when you open up you ADD-ons... AI Ships.. Menu... and go to select a carrier... you now have a multipage choice of carriers to select from.. note the prev page/next page choices on that menu... set your waypoint.